Fraud is a big, bad word that we hear about in the media. It happens within large companies or to individuals who have fallen victim to identity theft. We may take measures to protect ourselves personally, but are we doing enough to protect our businesses?
Small businesses are extremely vulnerable to fraud – both internally and externally. And while there is no true safeguard against it, there are several things you can do to limit your exposure.
5 Ways to Protect Your Small Business
- Reconcile all accounts regularly (i.e. on a monthly basis).
- Use a trustworthy bookkeeper.
- Maintain strong passwords.
- Maintain a limited number of accounts, and use them consistently.
- Diligently monitor balances, outgoing payments, etc.
Would a professional bookkeeper benefit the security of your business? Contact David@DEKEbookkeeping.com to learn more.